View Single Post
Old 07.31.2016, 10:25 PM   #420
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
[...] now? trump supporters are only the 5 minutes till midnight crowd, hyper partisan hyper negative constituency.

only Nixon won on that ticket and frankly that is because most of the country resented the civil rights movement.

What's crazy (well, even crazier) is that while Trump's acceptance speech has been compared to Tricky Dick's own one from 1968, it is impossible to think of Donaldo saying things like Nixon did back then:

Quote:
What I call for is not a new isolationism. It is a new internationalism in which America enlists its allies and its friends around the world in those struggles in which their interest is as great as ours.
Quote:
Let us increase the wealth of America so that we can provide more generously for the aged; and for the needy; and for all those who cannot help themselves.

Bullshit, of course, but Trump didn't even bother; he just YELLED his fucking hate speech as loud as he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
now personally the bigger problem with Hillary is she is going to have a weak mandate for essentially a NeverTrump platform.

That'll depend on the perception of the mandate as dictated by the United States ridiculous electoral college system (and don't even get me started on federalism and why it should NOT apply to the U.S.). If Hillary wins in, say, FORTY states, it won't matter if she wins each of them 50.01% vs 49.99% — it'll be considered an epic landslide anyway.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|