Thread: grindcore
View Single Post
Old 02.05.2008, 07:55 PM   #64
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
---

but to keep the ball rolling, let me ask you a question:

is grindcore metal anymore? i mean, it surely was, especially with napalm, carcass, terrorizer but, i think (and here's my opinion) that most grind post-discordance axis is not metal anymore as much as power electronics or industrial are metal.

what do you think?

Wasn't Merzbow influenced by the guitar smashing of (alleged proto-metallers) the Who and Hendrix? Hawkwind have some astonishing noise sections. Perhaps metal has just reconvened with its psychedelic roots, and found industrial and noise along the way.

It's not far away from asking if doom is metal; most of it, yes, but Sunn and Earth are talking about La Monte Young; the weird thing at the moment, I find, is that metal is suddenly one of the more creative and absorbent of genres. There's only a degree of seperation between Abruptum and Derek Bailey. Madness, I tells you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|