View Single Post
Old 07.10.2011, 02:27 AM   #1025
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
It may well wear off quickly, but I'm reasonably interested about the forthcoming season - far more than I have been the last couple of seasons. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a match, just because I don't really feel emotionally attached to Chelsea as a team in the way that I used to. The players have some time felt more like a group of people playing for Chelsea, rather than a Chelsea team (does that make sense?) - the Chelsea shirt has seemed like the shirt that they wear when they play football, and they could just as easily pull on any other shirt and it would make no difference to them. Even the players that you used to feel would run through walls for the club (Terry, Lampard) don't inspire these days. And I just had to look on the web to check who else is in the squad these days to see who else I might have considered Chelsea through and through - that says a lot, don't you think? In fact, I could probably pass 75% of the regular starting eleven in the street (possibly do, actually, seeing as I only live about three miles from the training ground) and not know them from Adam. In the days when we were crap, I would've recognised every single one of them, and probably half the reserve squad too.

Yeah, Chelsea's just a bunch of tabloid fodder and a few add-ons these days, not a football team. Not a hero among 'em.

(Apparently, though, we have a player called Bertrand. Is that THE Bertrand?)

Aw, fuck it, the interest's worn off already. But I'm going to watch them in a pre-season friendly against Portsmouth next weekend. Maybe they'll inspire more than I'm expecting. But not too much I hope, 'cos they're a fucking expensive team to support, and I haven't got the finances to see them more than a couple of times a season.

Was there a point in that? I don't know. I think there was when I started typing, but I forget what it was now.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|