View Single Post
Old 03.09.2017, 12:14 PM   #320
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Can you imagine being interviewed by that guy though?
Like, after working your ass off all night, playing shows... I mean, I'm not saying they were cool with him (Thurston and Lee made particular asses of themselves, I'm sorry to say), but I kinda get it.

I had some friends that reminded me of Nardwuar when I was living in the Northwest. That shit gets fucking old. There are people who really do that kind of challenging, aren't-you-cool, scenster Jeopary! shit ... just constantly name-dropping counterculture shit, trying to prove something about themselves or whoever they're talking to. It's a bit infuriating.

Also, the tour with Neil was a crappy one for SY. But yes, Thurston and Lee were embarrassing. I think you just have to roll with it and be willing to laugh at yourself, without cracking, or becoming the butt of a joke, and that's hard for a lot of people to do, especially when they're on camera. But... yeah, kind of sad and embarrassing.

Doesn't change how I feel about SY though. How I feel about SY has almost nothing to do with the people... everything to do with the sounds they made together.
I get what you're saying. Nardwuar is an annoying dude, however his interviews are somewhat interesting because they show you a different side of the artist's personality, as they can really expose whether they're prone to anger issues and have a big ego.

I understand Thurston and Lee's frustration, but they really crossed the line when they acted like schoolyard bullies, which is inexcusable. Nas even called him "a fucking psycho", but at least he kept his cool which I respect a lot. Anderson .Paak just kept smiling and remained humble and chill throughout, even when Nardwuar tried to embarrass him.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|