View Single Post
Old 02.23.2016, 04:52 PM   #182
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Jesu
Sun Kil Moon
Steve Shelley
and another guy on guitar

in Paris, Divan Du Monde, last Monday. Tiny place with many couches in the balcony area. Didn't see the balcony though, I stood front row. Mostly because my back starts to ache after standing for more than 30 minutes in a row, yep getting old....
Support act was pretty good as well, A Guy Called Nobody or something like that. Sounds sorts of like a solo slowcore act, and his voice and guitar playing reminded me of a Belgian band named Krakow that used to open for Low a couple of times. I think he was French, but his singing voice didn't have a French accent, so that was good (no offense to the French but hey)

Main act was very good, I seriously nearly cried during two songs, Exodus and the over 20 minutes extra extra long version of Beautiful You which featured some extra pages of lyrics, especially written for the occasion.
Not all was good though, but what was good was very good ;-)
The other guy played on two different guitars, the songs he played on the Les Paul sounded strange / out of tune / something like that. But whenever he played the other guitar it matched perfectly with what Jesu played.

Unfortunately I once again *^&%cked up the recording. Should have turned of my mobile phones, the recording is filled with interference noises.... Bummer, I think it's not good enough to share. But I might change my mind over time ...

Anyways I feel very fortunate that I was there
Only bummer was that they had already sold out on the new album, as well as the cool shirt. In fact the guy in front of me walked away with both

If anyone really cares for watching that video, you can spot me in the bottom right corner.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|