View Single Post
Old 10.27.2009, 08:55 AM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Pavement ist RAD

Buying slanted & Ebnchanted and Westing By Musket & Sextant on the same day back in 1992-93 was an epiphany, and there is no way for anyone to know what that was like, what hearing those skreeskronk lofi masterpieces did to my brain. It was a breath of fresh air and was cryptic and insane.
they sounded like two dudes recording crap on a 4-track in their garage, which it turned out to be,

pavement ruled all

then they got rid of Gary Young.

Then they added their "classic rock drummer"

I always say, the drummer can change the tone of a band more than any other member except maybe the lead singer.

I like pavement after gary left, but it was not the same. his shambolic drumming perfectlyfit their slack-ass attitude.

I saw them play opening up for sonic youth opn the Pretty Fucking Dirty Tour and it was AMAZING
\
Gary did handstands

and before the show handed out cabbage/lettuce to the fans in line.