View Single Post
Old 08.29.2007, 03:31 AM   #73
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
oh my, someone slagged the greatest guitar player ever.

this must feel what others feel when i tell them hendrix is kinda boring.

Hendrix is terrifically boring, isn't he?

I'd be tempted to not say Haino was the 'best' ever. But then he is unspeakably brilliant. I think it's his ability to play the shit out of proper shredders/ fretwankers/ blueswanker whilst never actually doing so and pursuing something entirely his own that I like. I would say, similarly but from a jazz-ish/ classical-ish side of things, Kazuo Imai is similarly brilliant whilst utterly different. I tried to find the video that was on youtube of Haino playing Hurdy-Gurdy, but it seems to have vanished, annoyingly.

While looking for the above, I came across this, which is unrelated to Haino but quite pretty nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|