View Single Post
Old 08.05.2011, 12:57 AM   #18
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Also, from my perspective, I listen to stuff like this and say things like 'fucking hell. Why weren't SY ever this good?' See also: Slade, the Carpenters.

Glice, you have really become a boring old fart, if you truly think Status Quo is/was better than SY. But you can be boring old fart, if you enjoy your life, I mean itīs ok to me to like Status Quo more than SY. Maybe you just havenīt ever been deep SY-fan.

I just think music taste develop as you develop when you get older. I canīt say the direction, but still the both, your personality and music taste get in some direction and in my life they have gone in hand in hand. Of course there are people who are stuck and thatīs sad. My taste has gone in a very different ways. I started with early Black Sabbath, Sweet, Dr. Feelgood (all kinds of seventies "roots"-music), then go into instrumental (The Ventures) and rockabilly, then Blues, then Prog-rock, then Punk/Speed metal and finally all kind of new wave/underground bands, also little classic and jazz.

Somebodies have said your music taste base developes in the age of 0-25 and after that nothing that is very different from that base can hit you. I believe that, it also makes sense into our brains development.

I still like that wild stuff I listened when I was young, but new "wild" artists do not hit me. There are no artists that I have seriously listened that I donīt listen anymore. The styles that seem to be the most interested for me nowdays are artists that made minimalistic, serene and/or chaotic material. Maybe thatīs the reason why I think SY is the greatest band at the moment.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|