View Single Post
Old 09.15.2009, 08:57 PM   #90
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Consider this:

Courtney went from "writing" a song like Dicknail to a song like Violet in two years time. On Pretty On The Inside the songs are credited to Hole. The songs on Live Through this are credited to just Courtney. EVERY Courtney record after that, she had co-writers for every song. Is it a coincidence?

Consider also Nirvana jammed on the Violet riffs a year before Courtney "wrote it", Courtney claimed Old Age was always a Hole song (Even though Krist later said Kurt literally "Threw it away" to her), Listen to the lyrics to Doll Parts; That's Kurt. I'm one of those people are absolutely think Kurt wrote Live Through This.

~Jeremy~

Note that "violet" uses the exact same riff as "Garbadge Man", which was written in 1989. The lyrics for "Doll Parts" are not Kurt and neither is the song structure. The only way they're "Kurt" is if you ignore the fact that Courtney spent TONS of time with Kurt working on In Utero's lyrics (By the way, the title of that album was taken from a poem by Courtney) and was hugely influential on them. I mean, she wrote "Pennyroyal Tea"'s lyrics, but they weren't credited to her, were they? Besides, "Dicknail" is an awesome song unless you're a huge pussy who can't handle it. You're a moron and you should be shot. (kidding)

Quote:
I think he wrote their good record, Live Through This.

LTT is shit compared to POTI and so is Nevermind

Quote:
ps, I'm pretty sure that "Dying" (DYING) is Courtney's defining vocal performance.

You mean it was Courtney's most autotuned vocal performance

And yeah, this whole "Courtney killed Kurt even though he wrote her only good songs and therefor was instrumental in her desired rise to fame" bullshit got old a long time ago.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|