View Single Post
Old 05.09.2016, 12:37 AM   #19
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I am not disagreeing that Radiohead is a kick ass ambient band. I am saying that Thom's voice is a significant part of that ambience. Yes I know recently i was arguing that their sound is less depressing than their lyrics but I personally feel that Thom's voice is integrally part of that sound.

Nah, as a musician myself I'm pretty sure he's the least talented member of the band. He's still integral, but I think it's insane to say that he "is" Radiohead. Radiohead functions as a unit. They're like a machine. An incredibly efficient band. Thom is no more than 1/5 of the reason for Radiohead's greatness.

And again, you keep talking as though I'm advocating removing him completely, which I'm not. You keep saying "imagine [song] without Thom" ... But that's not what's being discussed. Imagine if with a little less singing. That's all I'm getting at.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|