View Single Post
Old 05.08.2016, 09:48 PM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
have to give this one a listen for nostalgia's sake. faded out when I was like 15 after their last record which was intermittently their most interesting and then also their worst. would be a much better band if they cut thom yorke out of like 50% of their songs.

I actually agree. He's a great singer, but he is without a doubt the weakest link in the band. My favorite records are kid a and Hail to the Thief, partly because they mix things up with his vocals a bit. Kid a features minimal, distorted, effect-heavy vocals, while Hail to the Thief finds Yorke using his voice in a few more intersting and varied ways ("Punchup at a weeding," "Wolf at the Door," "Myxomatosis.")

I usually prefer spacey experimental rock that focuses primarily on the music, with vocal sections acting more like self-contained interludes within songs. I think Radiohead would benefit from doing more of this kind of thing, letting the songs breathe...

Also... You were 15 in 2011? Damn man. I had no idea you were such a pup. I'm glad that there are some Youngblood SY fans out there though. More than glad... I'm heartened by it. Cheers to you, sir (or, like, boy).
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|