View Single Post
Old 02.08.2018, 09:48 AM   #50383
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Vs is a totally different beast than Ten and I stand by my love of it. Vitalogy is amazing tho.

I like that you like No Code and Yield. I feel those get slept on. Those were huge to me when they came out.

Yeah man, that was my era. I bought Vitalogy the day it came out at a Sam Goody (or some mall store), and it sounded SO full to me, so weird compared to the previous albums, so risky for the biggest arena rock band in the world to open with a slop-punk jam and have that shift into a freaking stadium-sized hardcore song.

No Code was also a huge deal when it came out. It was the last Pj album to really count as a cultural event for our generation though, and sales went way way down, but the album itself was mostly strong, with some nice instrumental work and some of the band’s most memorable songs.

“Yield” is the last one I liked. And that might be because I havereally fond memories of seeing them at their homecoming concert behind that album in the summer of ‘98. Severs good songs, like both preceding albums.

The only one that’s good from front to back as an album, though, is Vitalogy.

Vs. is a mammoth step forward from Ten, but it basically has two good songs and a bunch of other songs that I wouldn’t necessarily turn off if they came on the radio and I was feeling nostalgic.

Their best songs are on the Sigles soundtrack though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|