View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 05:46 AM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you're onto something. I think we're mainly talking about musicians that are pretty popular though.

Perhaps people give more of "the benefit of the doubt" to smaller bands. Like, you never heard a super obscure noise release coming out and someone going "MAN IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE AS MUCH HARSH STATIC AS THE LAST ALBUM!" For whatever reason, it seems that people into, uh, "smaller" and more "out-there" music is often less critical of the music that bands make. Of course, it's a completely different atmosphere, as those bands may release something 2 or 3 times a year compared to Sonic Youth, who release a new album every 2/3 years.

So, yeah, I guess it has more to do with the build up, the anticipation of the release. My solution is just not to get excited about anything. Maybe that's why I actually enjoy the Eternal. I wasn't expecting much.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|