View Single Post
Old 04.03.2013, 03:48 PM   #263
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Saw them in Pittsburgh last night.

They played everything off the LP, No-Go, Ecstacy, and a few other new songs which I can't remember the name of.

It was weird seeing Thurston outside of Sonic Youth. The rest of the band seemed more like a backing band. It's kind of odd seeing a band where there's only one big foreground personality & the rest of the band is just background.

Alighted was awesome live BTW. So excited when they played that.

I hope they come back to Pittsburgh though, I didn't think the turnout was quite that impressive for THURSTON fucking MOORE. I felt like a little girl when he came out, I wanted to just scream THURSTON!!!!! and wet my panties.

ahh you wet yr panties anyway...when the show started 81 tickets had been sold...i'd like to think more people came...but i really couldn't tell...here is the setlist

Burroughs
Sleeping Where I Fall
Alighted
Groovy + Linda
Lip
Frank O’Hara Hit
Empires of Time
The Ecstasy
Sunday Stage
No Go

Encore:
Staring Statues
Pretty Bad

somewhere within the encore he looked at the band and said something along the lines of "lets play macbeth"...and he started to play it (thats when i wet my panties)....the rest of the band looked at him lost...then i think he spoke about the sound whammy bars make...i could go on for several more paragraphs....but.............