View Single Post
Old 03.08.2015, 01:14 PM   #30
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I found it extremely difficult to get into but the moment I finally "got it", a whole new world unfolded.
This album has had immense influence on myself, on my understanding of music

THIS!

didn't they want to change their name to Washing Machine?

it really has a different feel and sound compare to their previous albums. more relaxed album as well. probably because it was recorded in Memphis, probably because SY were after "long-ish" break (Kim's pregnancy). also this album is like beginning of more "open-ended" cuts.

great artwork (especially inside of it).

I love all the songs on the album. excellent listen all the way throughout the album (well after thousands of listens over the years I've started skipping Little Trouble Girl). Becuz, No Queen Blues, Washing Machine, Skip Tracer, Diamond Sea...man! was not listening to this album for some time actually.

I was just getting into SY when this album came out, it was also when internet was starting kicking in (for me). /saucerlike.com - respect!/, university. happy days!

I will always regret I didn't go to see them live back then (800 km away, from where we were studying + they would not visit eastern Europe that often). some friends from university went. big Cure "heads". I remember one of them telling me about the gig, how cool it was, but also how the ending of the gig was way too much for him to take - as some sort of long never ending crazy noise he could barely withstand. later I learned they were closing WM tour with Diamond Sea, so you can imagine my disappointment. ahhh, would love to see WM live. well. besides had to wait few more years to see them live for a first time (Sonic Nurse), haha.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|