View Single Post
Old 12.07.2015, 03:43 PM   #11
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Its hard for me to imagine anyone, at any time, feeling that way about STP. You're not supposed to be preachy and over the top about bands that are moderately successful and nationally known. What's that about?

You're supposed to be preachy/reverent/pedantic about either:
- Bands nobody's heard of
- Bands everyone's heard of that are actually way more talented than most people believe they are
- Bands that are awful that you "like" ironically just to get a rise out of people

I'm trying to imagine someone trying to pull one of those "Oh, man, you GOTTA hear this!" acts with a band like STP. Even in '95 it would have been like...
"Uh, I have heard them. On the radio. So many times. What's wrong with you?"

DUDE... There's this guy you absolutely MUST hear. His name's Ed Sheeran, and he sounds like nothing and everything at once. Also, you've heard him a million times. In fact we're at his concert right now. You are going to LOVE this shit!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|