View Single Post
Old 12.06.2015, 12:31 PM   #9
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
ha! eh! of course I remember that. I half assed liked Pearl Jam during the whole Vs. period because it was so transitional for me. haven't really bothered since then.

Looking back, the only albums that hold my interest are Vitalogy, No Code (about ½ of it), and Yoeld (about ¼ of it)

I never liked Ten. Stupid name, stupid cover, bad songs.

But Vs. had its moments, like "Go" (which I would probably still crank up if I heard it today, despite those cheesy drums), and "Rearviewmirror", which is just kind of a standard. I like how intense those songs were. I always had trouble stomaching "Elderly woman.." and "daughter" and that shit. But when Pearl Jam got intense ("Last Exit", "Spin the black circle", "Tremor Christ", "Habit" all come to mind) they were at their best, and really touched on something good.

Unfortunately, they haven't written anything with any kind of balls in 15 years. So as much as I get nostalgic when I hear the climax of "Breath" or "State of a love and trust", I don't think I can call myself a fan in any sense of the word. If more tha 50% of a band's music is shit, then I'm out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|