View Single Post
Old 05.27.2011, 01:49 AM   #6
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I edited my post and added a few more thoughts.

But anyway, what excited me about Pavement was the early sloppy noisey-but-melodic stuff. He's a lot cleaner now and technically "better" but it just isn't as interesting to me. No biggy.

He's still good and makes good records, but there's something kinda dull about the sounds -- maybe it's the production. Still, he will always come off with something out of nowhere, like the first few songs on FACE THE TRUTH, how they can change rather unexpectedly and be really addicting. He's still a good songwriter.

Oh, but I just can't sit through Terror Twilight.

We all love listening to Forklift and Debris Slide, those songs never made me feel that i couldnt appreciate the stuff SM did later on. I think those songs are proof he always had an ear for a melody. SM isnt Merzbow, he's not trying to fry our inner ears, he writes catchy songs, and its silly to try and complicate it as anything more than that.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|