View Single Post
Old 08.05.2007, 10:26 AM   #36
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think it's interesting because a band like pelican (or isis or neurosis or etc) is going to get a lot of publicity and people sucking their dicks just because it's, well, pelican (or isis or neurosis or etc). i mean, it's not like they technically got worse, but man.. that sound can be taken in the wrong direction.. a more boring direction.. and certainly, you can only make certain statements a few times before it gets tired.

but look at it this way, pelican started with australasia, which was cool but it was more like isis without the vocals, same arrangements, same sounds, some of the songs were really good in this style but certainly not mindblowing, very by the numbers. then, they release the fire in our throats will beckon the thaw and it's "holy fuck! they sound like pelican now" they looked at the parts of their sound that separated them from all the quote/unquote "post metal" bands and exploited them to make themselves stand out.

now that i'm thinking of it, it's not so surprising they chose this path for city of echoes. and still, it's not a bad album, i liked it but i can't get excited about it and, if i want to listen to a pelican album right now, my first choice would be the fire in our throats...

come to think of it, judging by how their career cycle has gone, i'm very excited for their next album.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|