View Single Post
Old 04.16.2008, 06:14 PM   #42
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
This is both a convoluted response to porky's and Glice's posts, and a meandering monologue of my own thoughts, but a pertinent issue here is stereotyping, as Glice previously mentioned. Imbibing and adopting stereotypes is, I believe, almost inevitable - regardless of what we'd like to believe or how much we think we conscioiusly resist, we absorb the perspectives of our societal comrades like sponges. As an example, when I spot a particularly butch female, I will likely immediately think "lesbian Feminazi (thanks to whomever I stole that word from)," despite knowing and concluding that that may very well be entirely incorrect. Point being, we are imbued with the mentalities of our respective cultures, and I suppose the difference is whether you accept those without question or broaden your own perceptions. We are all at our primal nature, literally, at least in this generation, "taught" by biology and community to have tunnel vision, and I don't think any individual is devoid of this - one either retains it or sheds it.

If that didn't make any sense, fuck off and watch Bill Maher. No one made you read this. Gays are fab 'n that.

(Except for Feminazis. I hope they're all strangled in the night by their cargo pants.)
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|