View Single Post
Old 04.16.2008, 03:12 PM   #41
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
I think homosexuality is accepted pretty much everywhere in the Western world, whether people like it is another thing altogether. As folk have been saying, its all to do with exposure, humans always fear and resent the unknown (especially the English!), so as someone whos well exposed to gay men and women I fully respect it and, to be honest, am a little inclined that way myself. On the other hand, my brother, who has never met a homosexual (or so he thinks!) I was not surprised to learn has some extremely hostile homophobic views. For example, I recently asked him "if there was a gay man and a man convicted of raping a little girl infront of you and you had to shoot one of them?..." he answered "the queer of course". To be honest, I'm not surprised views like this still exist, homosexuality has only relatively recently risen into mainstream consciousness, and with the current gay stereotypes in media I don't expect this to change anytime soon, sadly.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|