View Single Post
Old 12.28.2007, 08:51 AM   #54
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
We'll to do some music together at some point then. It's very difficult to get through to people how 'ridiculous' needn't mean 'comedy ska-punk'. Very difficult indeed.

Yes, that's something that has been bugging me for some time. When I've tried to play with other people they would generally take concepts like 'ridiculous', 'risk-taking', 'wild', 'stoopid', 'fun', 'cool' etc in a totally different way that I see them, which is from the point of view of a speeding train-wreck. Either they would be thinking solely about the drugs, sex etc (which is fine by me, for as long as you concentrate on your art too) or they would be musos. Or, worse still, 'concealed' musos. I don't seem to be able to meet someone to play with who doesn't focus too much on one aspect of being in a band without missing out on a number of other things that make playing in one enjoyable, so I have been having a real love/hate relationship with music in general, lately. It's not too much of a big thing because there's not only music in the world, but it'd be nice to play with someone you share some target for the absurd in a 'non-forced' way. I hope this all makes sense.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|