View Single Post
Old 06.18.2007, 11:54 AM   #96
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
And you, young man, explain to us what you mean by this. If you mean that there would be more chances of hearing the same song over and over again because it was on a tv commercial, that would be one thing. But the fact that it could be a 'good song' on a tv commercial wouldn't compromise anything. Music is as much commerce as it's fun, so no need to be all romantic about it, you're very likely to get let down many times over, if you do.

What I mean, old man, is that hearing a song over and over on TV ruins my listening experience when I listen to it on CD/record. I often picture the commerical when listening to the song, rather than the abstract stuff I used to envision prior to the song being in a commercial. It also makes a difference what type of product the song is being used for (car, fast food joint, cruise, etc...) Here are some examples of songs that have been forever ruined because of use in commercials: Lust for Life, Rock n' Roll, Blister in the Sun, every Who song. Some songs, such as Perfect Day (used in an NFL commercial), have not been ruined for me probably because they were used in good taste.
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|