View Single Post
Old 05.07.2017, 04:58 PM   #17
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Sorry. That was an unfinished though. I was on my way out to walk the dog. Competitive street fighter is what I'm talking about, but I guess it can apply to the casual player as well. The combo system allows for creativity. It's not always just about maximizing damage. Spacing is involved or what's called 'setups'. Knocking down an opponent allows you to adjust your spacing and keep your opponent guessing. These 'setups' can be quite ambiguous at times and in the game I play, it takes a bit of creativity....there are even times when you have to come up with a combo on the spot(I've done it in a tournament setting, I lost but the satisfaction of pulling that maneuver off was there). The discipline comes in when you have to adjust your gameplay. The game I play(street fighter 3) is very intimidating in the competitive setting because you can't just run the most optimal strategies. STreet Fighter 2 is more like that. In SF3, the second you become predictable, your opponent, will be able to counter you much easier than any other fighting game thanks to parry(mechanic which allows you to defend yourself from attacking instead of blocking). You need a lot of discipline to not run the same strategies and learn quite a bit to actually improve your game, creativity to keep your opponent guessing and create combos. The gameplay is forever evolving. Many fighting games have peaked because sometimes....there is nothing else to do. SF2 is probably the best fighting game of all time. It's simple as fuck, yet extremely hard to master. SF3 is my favorite for many many reasons(aesthetic, fluidity, animations, just an overall well thought out fighting game made for fighting game players...although I just wish it had one last revision to sort of address certain weaknesses). SF4 is slow and too hard for its own good, but pretty creative, and SFV is just straight ass, I am deeply saddened by the release of that shitty game.

Do you play against the "computer," or are you using some new fangled social gaming app?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|