View Single Post
Old 06.28.2006, 10:51 PM   #65
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Can't be proven, but it was me and a whole lot of people's thoughts when we all heard "Mellow Gold" for the first time.
Maybe, but I think most of the album is "lonesome folk songs" with his fucked up lyrics. I mean, that is clearly HIM coming through. I just think there is a difference from blatantly ripping someone off and some incidental coincidences. They both probably were fans of and interested in the things groups were doing on Def Jam mixed with their own classic rock/punk influences and weird ideas. Basically, they started making music around the same time as each other and I think it's more of a "they were on the same page" kind of a situation than a rip off one.