View Single Post
Old 08.02.2008, 06:34 AM   #19
leakyheadboy
bad moon rising

leakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
I discovered the Ramones when I was 13, when I saw School of Rock, which had My Brain is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg) in the soundtrack. This lead to my discovery of punk. Then I heard The Smiths' This Charming Man on the radio, which lead to some indie stuff. I bought Television's Marquee Moon based on what I'd heard and the album cover. I idolised Tom Verlaine, I was going to call my band The Verlaines, but I later found that this name was already taken by a band who would go on to become one of my favourites, leading to my discovery of the Flying Nun scene. I discovered black metal when I was doing research for a speech I was doing for my English class, on musicians dying young. I found Dead and Euronymous on a Wikipedia list.

thats a pretty good story... music started for me when i was a kid and my dad put the sex pistols on in the car outside pizza hut...

leakyheadboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|