View Single Post
Old 05.13.2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
Cool stories. My sonic moment isn't nearly as awesome (despite the fact that i got to meet Kim), but it made me realize a bunch of stuff.

A friend of mind had participated in the graphic design of an art magazine in which Lee (i think) was interviewed. Around the release of that issue there was a party where my friend and i met Kim (maybe Lee and the others were someplace else. Can't remember).

She was pretty shy and drawn back. So was i. We introduced each other and that was it. That's probably the most starstruck i've ever been, and it made me think a lot about the whole celebrity phenomenon: You tend to idealize this stranger, and when you actually meet the person you realize it's a regular human being just like anybody else.

She was really genuine. I really like how she didn't try to play the celebrity role, despite the fact that she has much going for her. It was the most solid proof one could ever wish for that the whole celebrity industry is bullshit.

Then again, to contradict myself: The last time i saw them play was at the way out west festival in my home town a couple of years a go. Thurston was being a grandiose rockstar prick screwing around with the photographers. Apart from that a good show.

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|