View Single Post
Old 08.01.2011, 04:36 PM   #1061
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
As the US's talent stock has risen there's an argument that Arena's and Bradley's periods in charge came in the wrong order, that Bradley would've been ideal to set some solid foundations that Arena could've then built on, rather than Arena oversdtretching the modest talent on offer to him and Bradley unnecessarily restraining the undeniable talent of someone like Clint Dempsey. So I tend to think Bradley was necessary for the ongoing evolution of US football rather than a particularly enjoyable contributer to it.

Personally, I'd like to see a player already within the US Team (maybe Donovon or Bocanegra) being groomed to eventually replace Klinsmann; I do think that while Klinsmann is another necessary step forward, US football will benefit longterm from having more of a home grown structure. That might also require the MLS to stop paying ludicrous salaries to aging European and SA players and to stop relying on the university system for player recruitment. If the rest of the world adopted the US's recruitment strategy there'd be no Messi, or Xavi or Ronaldo or almost any player currently leading the pack. America may well be sitting on the next Iniesta but, because he's probably playing in some park in a dodgy part of East LA, we'll almost certainly never know who he is.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|