View Single Post
Old 11.15.2013, 11:48 AM   #1182
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I think that's part of what I love about him though. He's got a lot of curveballs in there. I mean, why is a guy from Harlem who was infatuated with Dipset have music that is so deeply rooted in Southern Chopped & Screwed? I mean "1train" is probably the only song on that record that sounds like the music that was happening in NY when he was growing up. Stuff like that.

He's just a real interesting character. Like he just seems very self-aware and is able to take these influences or whatever, but process them in such a way that he's really making HIS music. Like you said, there's the obvious lyrics he could've written and he's a good enough lyricist to have pulled that off. But stuff like "Phoenix" or "I Come Apart" are borderline emo but are so so good.