View Single Post
Old 04.23.2014, 07:44 PM   #18111
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
I liked it.
It was weird sitting in the cinema with other people and watch it though. so much sex.
I am usually not a cinema person, i need breaks while watching a movie. even though this was so long, it was kinda okay and I only stepped out during the break between part 1 and 2 even though there is a lot going on in the movie and it wasn't very easy for me to process.
I feel like there are some scenes in the movies that could have been cut out, that don't really make sense/contribute to the story. but maybe they do in the 5 hour version? i don't know.
I really loved both stacy martins' and charlotte gainsbourg's performance. the latter i love in everything anyway, so..
there is something in the second part that made me feel uncomfortable and it's one of the parts I think could have been left out (at least in the 4 hour version). it has something to do with LvT justifying things... not sure if I want to talk about that. Give me some time to think about it.
other than LvT being annoying in this one moment, i really liked the movie and it made me very sad at times and think a lot but it has also very good humor in it which is good cause otherwise this movie would have destroyed me, i think.
will probably watch it again very soon. hopefully i can get my hands on the 5 hour version!

i am eagerly awaiting the blu-ray release here. not sure when it will be but i'm curious.

i find charlotte gainsbourg to be such an odd creature, he dad's face on her mom's body, she's not conventionally pretty but i find her interesting. i've only seen her in only one movie so far-- a children's movie (science of sleep) so i wonder what she'll be like here.

lars "von" trier (he added the von, you know) is a bit of a sadistic fucker who loves to torment his audience by tormenting his characters (but i like him anyway). so i don't know what he's up to-- but if dancer in the dark or dogville are any indication…. poor charlotte!

anyway, yeah, thanks for avoiding spoilers. but still… oh, i'm so curious.

ps-- i'm watching his "antichrist" in the coming days. i had lost touch with his work a bit recently and decided to catch up.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|