View Single Post
Old 03.08.2018, 02:31 PM   #49419
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It's weird how the tide is turning with this. Used to be EVERYONE would say Master Of Puppets was their best album. Now the contrarian view is to say that this is their best album. Which it isn't. At all.

Master is more refined, sure. I can totally see how people like it more. It’s like “Daydream Nation” to RTL’s “Sister.” But I personally prefer RTL for a bunch of reasons, including the Cthulhu-referencing instrumental opus, the piercing, epic thrash-meets-NWOBHM sound and the simple fact that this album is ultimately more dynamic, partly because it’s less focused and perfected. The sharp points are sharper, the slow bits are slower, there are more ups and more downs. Master is like a machine, grinding along in perfect rhythm and at a perfect pace... Ride is like the medieval torture device that preceded proper industry... sharper edges, more dangerous, if less perfect. (Yeah I know it has an electric chair on its cover, but fuck it.)

If you prefer Master, I can’t argue or fault you. But if you’re one of those Mutt Lange-loving Black album fans, well... yuck.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|