View Single Post
Old 07.03.2010, 03:43 PM   #852
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, Paraguay were easily the equal to Spain, really up until Villa's goal.

Germany-Spain is gonna be great. I can't see Spain coping with them on the strength of both teams' performances today, though. Surely they can't risk starting with Torres again. He's a brilliant player but he's clearly unfit. They need to start with Fabregas. Even then though, I have to wonder how they're gonna handle Muller, Klose and Schweinsteiger. Spain were average at best today and they'll need to play better than they have all through the tournament if Germany are on form - which they inevitably will be.

both casillas and the spanish coach admitted in post-game interviews that paraguay played at times better, however i disagree with them having the winning plan, because in principle you can't win a game just by defending. a little bit more risk-taking could have benefited paraguay's game-- santa cruz could have started earlier with valdez instead of replacing him after he was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
there's no way that ref should ever ref anywhere ever again. He needs high def super slow motion video replays on all calls. Awful ref

really? what did he fuck up that was so bad? the 2nd penalty on fabregas was a tough call to make, and the assistant refs didn't see it either. otherwise he did a very good job i thought. he curbed excessive rough play, he didn't become the center of the game, he didn't go card-crazy, he called evenly for both sides.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|