View Single Post
Old 01.26.2011, 05:28 PM   #13907
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
As far as Hooper goes, he was absolutely brilliant up until Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. From 1974 - 1986 he brought us TCM, Eaten Alive, Salem's Lot, The Funhouse, Poltergeist, Lifeforce, and of course, TCM 2.

Absolutely! Funhouse is enormously underrated in my opinion and the first TCM has to be one of the best directed horror movies I've ever seen.

Atsonicpark: Last House on Dead End Street is strictly a one-watch curio for me. It's cool in a Richard Kern/Necro kind of way but after about half an hour I just thought it became a total chore to sit through. One of those films that seemed like a helluva lot more fun to make than to actually watch.

And Romero is a 'horrible' director? Seriously?!? He went off the boil, sure, but NotLD? Dawn of the Dead? Jack's Wife? fuck ... Martin!?! I'll agree that (a bit like Cronenberg) he's more of an ideas man than anything else but those first few films he made were fucking beautiful, especially considering the meagre resources at his disposal.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|