View Single Post
Old 07.07.2009, 09:50 AM   #58
thesilverrocket
little trouble girl

thesilverrocket has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
in (around) 1991, Sonic Youth played some infamous shows with Neil Young and Social Distortion. They were in Buffalo, NY for a show at The Aud. Afterward, on our drive back home on I-90, my friends and I stopped at the Angola overpass rest-stop. It was late at night, probably after midnight. I headed for the snack machines and to my surprise, Kim G is standing there holding a couple of candy bars and trying to buy cigarettes out of the vending machine. She bought Kools, by the way. I said something like "You guys sure rocked tonight." She said, "Were you at the show tonight? I thought it sucked." I replied, "I've never seen a guitar fly so high into the air." She said, "We were pissed at the Neil Young fans. We're never playing in Buffalo again." And they didn't come back for a long time, not until Sonic Nurse.<p>
I also met Steve in Rochester, NY at RIT. It was in passing, trying to make the gate before showtime. Just sort of like, "Hey, Steve." "Hey, guys!" "You're the greatest drummer in the world!" "Thanks!"<p>
Also ate dinner next to Steve and a bunch of the crew guys once in Buffalo, before the Sonic Nurse show. That was pretty cool.