View Single Post
Old 05.10.2006, 09:10 AM   #11
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
when i was younger, ride the lightning was my fave; i played that tape so much it once got stuck in my walkman and got crapped out. i was devastated!! one of the first cds i ever bought was ride the lightning since i had to replace it and didn't want to risk another spaghetti incident.

now, i really can't decide from the first 4, even if i don't listen to them that much anymore. i love the punkiness on kill 'em all, i love the slight sophistication in ride, master is a fucking epic (the thing that should not be is so amazing yet simple, and how about orion?), and justice for all rules for me, i love how long it is and how the dynamics go through out.

the black album, i like a couple of songs in it, sad but true is great, of wolf and man is a stomper. but it pretty much sucks, it has no energy or balls, it's just distortion and compression, plus they entered a zone in songwriting they weren't familiar with at all, so they were doomed to fail.

load i like but not as a metallica album, actually, i like it better than the black album. i think it's great and an experiment worth taking, some songs there are winners.

reload is the outtakes album repackaged, it has some of metallica's worst songs ever (fuel? the unforgiven PART II?!!), i like the country song in there.

st anger is their worst, no guitar solos, downtuning, barking, insipid lyrics, and on top of everything, personal drama and marketing all around it.

atari: i thought of putting garage days, but i thought i would stick with the official full lenghts. but i agree, it's one of their best, worth getting half of garage inc for that and their early covers collection.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|