View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 05:21 PM   #123
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
We're pretty much in agreement about all this.

I understand what you're saying, but it's irrelevant. Sonic Youth can't control every single aspect of my listening conditions, even if I purchase the album. Maybe I have a really shitty stereo while someone else has top of the line audio equipment. I guess their experience of that music is closer to the artist's intentions than mine. But either way, Sonic Youth have no control over it.

That's why albums are "Mastered" the mastering job is to try to take away the factor or eliminate the inherent eq differences in playback equipment, whether you listen to the cd on some shitty portable player w/ pc speakers or a top of the line multiphonic stereo system.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|