View Single Post
Old 12.30.2008, 01:34 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
evidence for your point is easy to find, just get some financial data, where as the inference I have made is not so overt.

I don't have so much evidence to support something so obvious. The monarchy is a potent symbol of British identity, if not at home for the pissed of youth, definitely abroad for the members of the Commonwealth. This is particular in places like Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, and also Jamaica, Trinidad and St Lucia, all places where I know people who testify accordingly.\

Again, as I said before, in the US there are no apolitical symbolic figureheads, it is just politricksters, and this creates an environment of division. At least the common experience of the monarchy adds a paternalistic (well in this instance maternalistic) flavor which adds common ground.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|