View Single Post
Old 05.18.2012, 02:04 PM   #2036
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
thanks, HBJ!

I got to see the LM with Jazkamer in oo6.
I saw Jazkamer a few years ago, too. They were the opening act for Sunn O))). It was fucking intense and really awesome. Near the end of their set, it seemed like the drummer was just about to die. He drummed so hard and so fast he had to leave before it was over, but the other guys kept going on for a while. Then Lasse Marhaug played with Sunn O))) as well. That was an epic show, heavy on material that would later appear, albeit with some mutations, on "Monoliths and Dimensions". That unusual line-up consisted of SOMA, Greg Anderson, Attila Csihar, Oren Ambarchi, and Lasse Marhaug. I had the pleasure of exchanging words with Lasse Marhaug during this visit to Mexico. He mentioned among other things, that he loves this country, that he finds it amazing, and that he has had some incredible musical moments when performing here, he also said the guys in Sunn O))) consider that show in Mexico City as one of their best performances ever.

Anyway, Paal Nilssen-Love also performed at that church, and then a few hours later, they both performed as a duo at a local bar in Guanajuato. It was really damn loud. Then a few days later, Lasse Marhaug performed a wild solo set in Mexico City that really floored me, and then a duo with Joke Lanz (Sudden Infant). I'm glad I was there to witness and document so much awesomeness, and I'll try to share all of my recordings soon. My humble impression is that some of the shit I have lined-up sounds a lot better than this one. I do hope you enjoy it as it is, though (raw, and unedited so it sounds kind of low)....