View Single Post
Old 03.20.2014, 07:37 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
My roommate and I were just talkin about sea world and zoos. Anyways...they're unnecessary now...so why do we still have them?

good zoos are actually research centers concerned with species preservation-- their ultimate goal often being reintroduction into the wild once conditions become more favorable. because we're decimating the fucking planet at unbelievable speed and someone somewhere has to save the last shreds of biodiversity we can. even if that means making a dna bank in a freezer. but zoos (good zoos) are a step above that.

personally, i'd like to see the return of the wooly mammoth to the american prairie--cloned from permafrost remains (fat chance, but there's a dream). an beef cattle replaced by American bison.

meanwhile, we need to build more apartment complexes for the few remaining polar bears as we melt away their natural habitats.

i used to love going to watch the tigers at the dc zoo. and the fucking batcave below with its weird smell.

i've never been to seaworld though. it reeks of shithole, even from 10,000 miles away.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|