View Single Post
Old 09.03.2017, 07:25 PM   #1680
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
no probs with the dialog, so to speak, however the writing left a lot to be desired, particularly regarding the dope angle. Just hard to imagine that the people running the show wouldn't actually have consulted with anyone who had any experience in anything related to that. Just some idiotic unbelievable stuff.
go figure, I guess you only have to look at all the "terrorist" and "reality tv" shows on to see where they are coming from. Hard to see why they get any pay for some of it, sheesh.

Forinstance, poppies are grown in poor countries They do so because it's very labor intensive. So, not in the US. Also, the idea that there could be commercial illegal opium production in the US is moronic. Most rural areas of the US are overflown for drug production interdiction at least once a week. So, huge fields of flowering poppies? Yeah....

That didn't even occur to me. But... I do know that poppies grow in a lot of places and environments. In the spring and summer, at least. US winters wouldn't help, I guess, but it happens when the weather is right.. Really, they popped up in enough alleyways and vacant lots and peoples' yards to keep some of my friends very high on poppy tea in college. No joke. There was rarely a shortage, and it was a very popular thing. Some particularly industrious friends even learned how to actually harvest the opium (scoring the bulbs, drying the milky stuff... whatever, I'm actually not sure) but I can't say if they did it correctly because I never tried the stuff they made. But the tea sure did work.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's legal to grow poppies in the US. It's just not legal to harvest them. People quibble about which poppies are opium poppies and which aren't, and all I know about that is that... well... the tea always worked, whether the bulbs came from a Whole Foods or an alley. It's been 15 years, of course, and I'm no expert, but it's maybe somewhat plausible? I don't know. I guess it does seem far-fetched. The US is not where actual heroin is harvested in bulk. It's probably possible, but for the flyover thing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|