View Single Post
Old 07.15.2015, 11:51 PM   #26
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Cheers, thanks, but part of me feels like you might be facetious, as I know how deep anti-Dead sentiment can run in punk-related circles. If anything, these bands have taught us to embrace a wide musical spectrum. This article in Wired is interesting in that it shows how even if you can't stand their music, the Dead really reshaped the modern music scene as we know it. We as a network of passionate music fans and traders of live concert recordings are standing on the shoulders of Deadheads who pioneered and refined these practices at every stage of technological evolution. http://www.wired.com/2015/07/gratefu...tech-pioneers/
Makes me wonder if the contents of the late great Utkonos archive of live SY recordings could eventually end up on the archive.org Live Music Archive site, as it seems they have stable servers and decent semi-organisation. There is a lot of Dead material and crummy third rate jam band music on there ("one and the same" I imagine some of you say), but also Godspeed, Mogwai, Tortoise, Low, & probably other SYG approved artists I've been sleeping on, so it is not without precedent. I believe it would take direct permission from the band to do so.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|