Thread: Dizzee Rascal
View Single Post
Old 12.24.2009, 09:18 AM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The Streets aren't really Grime, as he's from Birmingham. And it's only really Dizzee's first album that was really Grime. And that was where Grime was at a long time ago, and a fairly commercial version of it. There's nothing wrong with Grime going overground, but there's always loads going on under the surface.

This radio show, from last week, should give you a better idea of what it's all about, or any of the Grime podcasts from Rinse.fm. Also, check the first Run the Road compilation.

You might want to check out Zed Bias's 'sound of pirates' to get an idea of how two-step, Grime and dubstep all relate to each other. Plus, it's a stone cold classic compilation. I tend to find that a lot of Americans have a hard time getting over the beats, which are often pretty different to American beats. Plus, a lot of Grime seemed to get sold in the states as a 'British crunk', which is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|