View Single Post
Old 06.03.2015, 01:10 PM   #18790
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
evollove, thank you for the context. I think for me it of just didn't seem very believable, or well written. My wife said, "Wow, I didn't know everyone was so loose back then. Didn't all that come later?"

symbol-man, yes! It did remind me of some campy version of Mad Men.

i know, i was speaking tongue-in-cheek, of course it was the same scenario, which is why i was so puzzled as to why you'd think it arbitrary. the thing is that billy wilder had the cojones to speak about it in its time, right when this kind of thing was happening all over america-- not as some exercise in hindsight.

these days of course that would get you slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit faster than you can spell "settlement"-- but it's taken a very long time and many a legislative battle. hey, women are still not getting equal pay in the workplace.

billy wilder was great, he'd alternate comedies and dramas, few directors i think had his range. he was a fantastic writer. "the apartment" is totally a great little movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
^ Where did you find THICK OF ITs? I had to watch pretty lousy copies on youtube.

i remember watching them on hulu a couple of years ago. not there anymore?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|