View Single Post
Old 06.04.2011, 06:18 PM   #81
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Unsurprisingly, I tend to view this situation more in terms of Goldsmith. Not that I necessarily agree with it, but I think it's more so about the way things are going and how it's almost unstoppable force. The way in which we consume music is certainly changing. I think my main point in this whole discussion is that artists need to recognize this and go with it. For better or worse, the album is on its way out.

Kinnik. I never said you were jealous about the content of the meaning that people feel toward their music. I am saying that you're jealous of the fact that people feel some sort of meaning in their lives. From what I can gather about you from your posts, you live a totally meaningless life. I didn't set up the binary between "this" (meaning an identity deriving from the categories created by the capitalist mode of production, in this case a music snob or a hipster) or nothing. It's more so that your rejection of said influence has posited your relationship to yourself in terms of some unattainable ideal of religious like proportions. Never mind the fact that your stance is derived from a western philosophy, which whether you like it or not, was born out of that same mode or production which you so ardently criticize. The ressentiment you must feel must be astounding. I'm not saying that you have to check back into society to meet your needs, but you should find some sort of purpose or meaning and stop berating the rest of us who can carry on through this song and dance called life relatively happy. No one is asking you to stop thinking critically and no one is asking you to sit back and watch the charade happen, but you should also recognize that the pedestal that you stand on is fully supported by the mode of production which you criticize. If you were living outside of the charade looking on and criticizing that would be one thing, but the very fact that you are connected to the internet, posting on this message board means that you are acting out the ideology which you are criticizing. So, whether you like it or not, you're doing the same shit that you are criticizing everyone else for doing.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|