View Single Post
Old 01.15.2013, 09:11 PM   #12
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I can't believe an entire generation of young music fans sprouted from the (now admittedly) arbitrary musings of people so goddamn young. Young people are idiots, and college kids are the most impressionable and fickle fuckers in the world. That review even had an impact on me, and I can only remember about five (max) reviews from that site, and I peeked at it often for years.

I still bought the album, loved it, and hated the shot out of pitchfork for their presumptuous, all-too-intentionally witty nitpicking and bullshitting. But I still think about it. Literally every time I listen to the album, I think, "someone gave this thing a zero... ZERO out of ten!?" And even though I don't remember a word of the review itself, it irks me to this day that anyone would make such a boldly stupid claim, while handing out 10's like hard candy to all the derivative and infantile fucks who only exist because of Sonic Youth.

Yes, an actual Pitchfork re-review is definitely called for.

the one thing I remember was something like "our generation finally has our own Metal Machine Music."

Ugh.