View Single Post
Old 01.19.2011, 01:22 PM   #13
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
A couple things about 2001:

People love it for the final two acts, not the first two acts.

What mystifies me about the film is just how ominous it is. We have the obelisk, HAL, the silence, space, the planets, Jupiter and its moons, the infinite. The art direction and choice of music (especially the Ligaveti) is quite wonderful. There's really nothing like it.

My favorite Kubrick films would be The Shining, 2001, Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, and Paths of Glory.

The Killing is great too.

I honestly don't care much for Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket, I don't consider Spartacus to be a Kubrick film, and the others I haven't seen.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|