Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 04.27.2020, 10:04 PM   #489
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I ordered a bunch of stuff from several artists during the last Bandcamp promotion, two orders haven't arrived yet, from FACS and Constellation Records. By no means I'm blaming these artists/labels. There's a statement on the Constellation Records site that reads:
"Please note that due to covid-19 measures, your LP/CD order will not ship until a) public health measures allow our warehouse employees to safely return to work (in Montréal, Canada); b) shipping will not put undue strain on essential services in your destination country/region; c) we feel confident you'll reliably receive your order in a timely fashion once we've sent it out."

Which is bullshit because Constellation Records is and has always been an essential service to me, who cares about medicines and shit, give me my Matana Roberts dammit

Seriously now, expect some delays in your bandcamp shipments which of course shouldn't hold you down from ordering
I was actually a bit surprised to receive a package from Beartown Records last week (Lasse Marhaug's "Gjota" and Sindre Bjerga "Impromptu"), taking this in consideration (this label operates from the UK, and I likely placed my order on the first week of March). I am currently waiting very patiently for packages from Taping Policies (Belgium), Shelter Press (France), God in the Music (New Zealand), The Observatory (Singapore), Thought Forms (UK), Vyctoria and Silencio epi (Mexico). Packages I ordered from the USA during the last month, I've been notified they have arrived to my parents' address over there, but I expect to put my hands on those records until Christmas when my mom visits the family here. Grateful at the moment that Bandcamp would give you .flac files more often than not.

My want-list for May 1st includes some stuff only available as a digital download. Like this recording from Martín Escalante, released by Rata Sorda Rec from Chile:
https://ratasordarec.bandcamp.com/al...mo-en-alta-mar

I like the cover so much, I will print it and make my own CD-R.

Anyway, here's a recommendation for you: Vyctoria, amazing Post-Rock band from Mexico City (some elements of doom and noise especially in the last record, though).
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|