View Single Post
Old 09.15.2017, 05:38 AM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Oh God "Green Eyes" ugh good call. So sad. I feel like I always gravitated towards his songs in Husker Du.

He also wrote "Terms of Psychic Warfare" and "You Can Live at Home," so he wrote a majority of my top five or so Hüsker Dü songs.

These songs, along with Mould's (and, of course, countless tracks by SY and Yo La Tengo and so on) absolutely defined my late teen years, when I was figuring out who I was as a music fan and what my own kind of "musical footprint" was. Grant Hart showed me what I always wanted to hear in melodic love songs. There was something uncanny about listening to these songs and realizing all the different shapes and sounds, noises and speed levels "love" songs could have.

Paul Westerberg also had this effect on me, but I think it was Grant and Mould who had the most lasting effect.

My god. We just keep losing these guys. This one hits me harder personally than any death since Lou Reed, I think.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|