Thread: moog- the film
View Single Post
Old 03.28.2006, 07:19 PM   #1
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
anyone seen this documentary film by hans fjellestad? i abught the dvd and really enjoyed it, some fascinating interviews with the man, its really interesting hearing him talk about his theories on synthesis and the role of the player in electronic music. however, i cant help feel that the film focused to much on british prog musicians such as ELP and rick wakeman- it wouldve been nice to see more of the avant garde sound artists using synthesizers before they became enveloped into the language of popular music. its also a shame wendy carlos refused to be interviewed for the film, as she really made moog, and synthesizers in general, a household name.