View Single Post
Old 09.21.2018, 08:40 PM   #50918
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
Ain't that the truth. I feel like so much of pop culture and music is so recycled nowadays. There's no originality left, or it's completely undervalued.

But yeah there was a time when I too thought MMJ were going to keep making records like Z, and then they kinda faded out of my consciousness.

Still, great record that.

Definitely a great record.

I was encouraged back in 2012-2014 by some great indie releases from Black Bug (the world never knew thee!), Dub Thompson, Thee Oh Sees and more. Now (Thee) Oh Sees release a record every eight months and nobody cares; Dub Thompson never became a thing; Black Bug broke up after releasing perhaps the single best scuzz-noise-industrial-punk album of the decade (Reflecting the Light), and bands like Perfect Pussy just fizzled and died.

Cat Seat Headrest still makes great indie rock. Fan base is a little uppity, but damned if the music isn’t smart, catchy, genuine and ass-kicking. Apart from them/him, I can’t think of much else that’s been consistently good and big enough to keep going in recent years.

But yeah. Z is good.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|